Few other troubles with home plumbing are harder to locate—or even figure out are occurring—than pipe leaks. Unless the leaking is from an exposed kitchen or bathroom pipe beneath a sink or has triggered visible flooding, the leaking might continue for days, weeks, or months before it becomes easily noticeable. Even when you can see the smaller signs of leaking, actually pinpointing the spot is tricky and requires the work of professional plumbers trained in leak detection and equipped with the finest tools.
We’ve put together a list of times when you should call for leak detection services from Resolve Rooter. We are one of your top choices for plumbing in Warminster, PA and the surrounding areas, and we offer 24-hour emergency service whenever you need it.
Call for leak detection when…
- Water bills start to rise: You probably have a good idea what you’ll pay for residential water use from month to month. Should those bills suddenly take an upturn for which you cannot account, you may have leaking in a pipe somewhere. Call for plumbers to locate the leak or determine what else might have triggered the price increase.
- You notice mold and mildew growth: As water starts to build-up from a leak in a hidden pipe, it will encourage the growth of mold and mildew. When you see these unpleasant organic growths start to appear in corners at the ceiling or along where the floors and walls connect, a leaking pipe may be the cause.
- Discolored spots appear on the walls: Accumulating water behind walls will start to eat through drywall and leave brown or rust-colored spots along the walls. The moment you see this kind of discoloration on your walls, call for plumbers—you don’t want to risk further building damage.
- Water pressure from the fixtures drops: If you detect a change in water pressure levels in your home, a number of problems could be occurring. A hidden but significant leak is one of the common causes, so call plumbing professionals right away to investigate.
- Flooring seems warped or bumpy: Leaking pipes in the floors will often cause wooden floorboards to begin to warp and suffer from wood rot. Leaks can also cause bumps to appear beneath the carpet. Call for leak detection services whenever you sense uneven flooring issues that were not there before.
Leak detection is an important service not only to find leaks, but to make the job of repairing them easier and quicker.
Our plumbers at Resolve Rooter are skilled at detecting hidden leaks and reaching them with the least amount of construction material damage possible. Contact us first for plumbing in Warminster.